Predictive Engineering is a finite element analysis consultancy based in Portland, Oregon.
We work with clients across North America, providing consulting services and engineering software, training and support. We strive to exceed client expectations for accuracy, timeliness and knowledge transfer.
As such, we are seeking qualified, driven FEA engineers that want to succeed and contribute to a growing company.
Predictive Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all races and creeds to apply for this position. We promote bike commuting and advocate healthy lifestyles. Predictive offers a 401k pension plan with a matching contribution in addition to full healthcare benefits.
Open Career Opportunities
Predictive Engineering is interested in qualified candidates for the following position:
Staff Mechanical Engineer with MSME or Ph.D.
Date: July 2015
Position Title: Staff Mechanical Engineer with MSME or Ph.D.
Where: Portland, OR
We are looking for a mechanical engineer with passion and drive to become one of the world’s best simulation engineers.
Predictive Engineering: Our clients turn to us to solve their most difficult analysis challenges. We have a nationwide reputation for providing state-of-the-art analyses across broad industrial sectors from medical, aerospace, marine, automotive, chemical, mining, and general consumer products. Additionally, we sell Siemens PLM Software and LS-DYNA and provide support and training classes for users of Femap, NX Nastran, NX CAE and LS-DYNA (see Applied CAx).
- MSME or PhD
- 1+ year experience as an engineering analyst
- Demonstrative communication skills via engineering reports, presentations or sales activities
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident or H-1B visa holder
Ideal Candidate: MSME or Ph.D. with three years of experience within an engineering consultancy doing FEA work. Comfortable writing high-quality engineering prose for proposals and reports. Since much of our work is presented at the senior engineer and VP level, one should be able to effectively communicate analysis results while being intelligently critiqued. Since our project work is constantly changing, you should be comfortable with independently researching solutions and developing analysis checks to verify your assumptions. The outcome of your work often has a huge financial impact and the margin for error rarely exist. If you want to strive to be the best in your field, this is the place for your talents.
Here is a list of traits that would ensure success in this position:
- Inquisitive and engaging communication style that facilitates client interactions
- Dedicated to getting the right answer beyond any logical argument
- Ability to quickly learn new analysis techniques from linear dynamics (PSD) to composite failure to to fluid structure interaction (SPH/DEM/ALE)
- Interested in being challenged by a non-stop diversity of analysis projects and always quick to sketch or perform a hand calculation to verify key assumptions.
- Wants to be part of a team that is setting the bar for high-end analysis solutions
Sr. Staff Position Description:
- Ability to manage small projects (<$50k) in an entrepreneurial manner. This implies: (i) in-depth examination of the project’s goals and deliverables with full client involvement, (ii) execution of the analysis work with attention to detail and modeling efficiency, (iii) exceeding the client’s expectations for delivery and quality, (iv) maintaining a follow-on relationship to ensure that the project work was correctly implemented and had a successful outcome, and (v) you take intense pride in your work.
- On-site engineering work (outside of Portland) is expected to be no more than five weeks a year.
- A keen sense of artistic balance in report and document preparation.
Salary: Competitive salary with reviews every twelve months. Outstanding work will be compensated commensurately.
How to Apply: Send us a brief cover letter with an example of your engineering prose and your current resume. We would also appreciate seeing an example of your engineering project work in graphical format. Please be kind to us and keep your submittal as brief as possible. One can send their submittal electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Predictive Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employee and we encourage all races and creeds to apply for this position. We would welcome members from outside the standard U.S. ethnic groups. We promote bike commuting and advocate healthy lifestyles. Predictive offers a 401k pension plan with a matching contribution along with full health care benefits.
Applied CAx, our partner company, is hiring qualified candidates for the following position:
Technical Software Sales and Business Development, $80k+ DOE
Date: June 2015
Announcement: Technical Software Sales and Business Development, $80k+ DOE
Position Title: Technical Account Manager
Where: Portland, OR
Applied CAx is an award-winning Portland, OR-based technical software sales and engineering services company. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, account manager who can communicate our vision to a broad technical audience. In our business, we provide highly technical consulting services, design/analysis/manufacturing software and training to our clients. When we sell, we look for a collaborative, long-term relationship where we add measureable value to our clients’ business models. Applied CAx placed in the Portland Business Journals list of top 100 fastest growing companies in 2014 and 2015. We were also recognized by Siemens PLM Software as the 2013 North American Partner of the Year and finished 2014 well above the pack.
Position Description: A fast paced, high growth position. Responsibilities focus on an on-going inquisitiveness about the product manufacturing space and the software products we advocate (Siemens PLM software), the ability to love database magic (Salesforce) and to be passionate about reaching out to talk and meet with our client base. Your communication skills should be top-notch and allow you to quickly become a trusted resource to our clients while prospecting for new clients via associative industries and referrals. Finding new business is tough and we understand that it is a team effort. Toward this goal, our Digital Marketing Manager stands ready to tie in your database efforts with email blasts, newsletters and various targeted campaigns. When it comes time to meet with the clients, you’ll be backed up with some of the world’s best application engineers.
Here’s a short list of what you should be prepared to talk about and demonstrate during the interview:
- Strong emphasis on prospecting and cultivating new business for Applied CAx
- Your understanding of the current and future vision for advanced design and manufacturing industries
- Be articulate, well organized, and able to communicate professionally to C-level executives and below
- Able to cover assigned territories with overnight travel duties; usually not more than (8) nights per month
- Develop and manage a territory plan with assistance from the team
- Build and maintain a database of contacts and prospects using a CRM tool (Salesforce or equivalent)
- Develop and deliver forecasts to management that are professional and accurate
Desired Attributes: The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with 3+ years’ experience selling to a technical audience. The candidate should have excellent communication skills, high work ethic, the desire to ensure client success and the ability to independently prioritize and manage their daily work. You will be working for and with engineers and it is expected that you can manage databases efficiently and follow complex procedures (left-side thinking) while being our ace communicator (right-side thinking). We understand that this is a bit of a unicorn position but we are looking for someone that wants to grow and become part of our long-term success. This is not a classic sales position since we are not quota driven but instead, our clients’ success driven. From this basis we ensure your and our team’s success today and tomorrow.
BS in engineering or the sciences (e.g., physics, chemistry or math)
Technical software sales and business development experience
References that speak to your work ethic and professional work history
Compensation: Our expectation is that to be successful, you will have to be earning at least $100k+ per year. We offer a base + commission pay plan. Our base salary is competitive and is negotiable based on your prior work history. We offer medical benefits, vacation, holidays, bike commuter plan, family friendly policies and PTO.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: Careers@AppliedCAx.com.