Predictive Engineering is a finite element analysis consultancy based in Portland, Oregon.
We work with clients across North America, providing consulting services and engineering software, training and support. We strive to exceed client expectations for accuracy, timeliness and knowledge transfer.
As such, we are seeking qualified, driven FEA engineers that want to succeed and contribute to a growing company.
Predictive Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all races and creeds to apply for this position. We promote bike commuting and advocate healthy lifestyles. Predictive offers a 401k pension plan with a matching contribution in addition to full healthcare benefits.
Location: Portland, OR (optional remote work while COVID precautions are in effect)
Hiring: Immediate (posted January 27, 2021) - Download the Job Announcement (PDF)
We are looking for a mechanical engineer with the passion and drive to create advanced FEA simulations of complex structures and systems. Our clients turn to us to solve their most difficult simulation challenges. We have a nationwide reputation for providing state-of-the-art analyses across broad industrial sectors from medical, aerospace, marine, automotive, chemical, mining, and general consumer products. If you strive to be a world-class simulation engineer, this is the place for you.
What we Require
- Minimum 3 years as full-time simulation engineer
- BSME with course work in solid mechanics or dynamics
- Demonstrative communication skills via written reports and oral presentations
- Comfortable writing high-quality engineering prose for proposals and reports
- Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen
- Someone that wants to be part of a team setting the bar for state-of-the-art finite element analysis simulations
What we Desire
- MS or PhD in some field of engineering mechanics from solids to fluids to materials science
- Graduate work in mechanics (i.e., dynamics, composites, elasticity, continuum mechanics, plates and shells, etc.)
- Demonstrated process automation experience using scripting (VBA, Matlab, Python, C++, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new analysis techniques from linear dynamics (e.g., PSD) to composites to fluid structure interaction (CFD/SPH/DEM/ALE)
What Your Work Life Could Look Like
There is very little repetition at Predictive Engineering. We are specialists across many different industries. In the morning, it may be building a structural dynamic model of a small satellite and then after lunch, working on a nonlinear impact model of a medical device that requires a bit of programming to get the loads applied in the right sequence. The following week, the satellite project could be on hold for PDR and you start up with a pressure vessel model of a large oxidation tank for a major space launch company. Then the following month, you get tasked to develop a simple CFD model of air flow over a prototype electric vehicle – nothing too complex but lots of pretty colors. A key theme through all these projects is our dedication to high-quality documentation. Our engineering reports are how we effectively communicate our results to the end clients and although time consuming, it allows us to verify our analysis work and ensure its accuracy.
We expect to start you at a competitive salary between $80,000 to $110,000 with subsequent yearly salary reviews.
How to Apply: Send us a brief cover letter with your current resume. We would also appreciate seeing an example of your engineering analysis work in graphical format. Please be kind to us and keep your submittal as brief as possible. One can contact us via our website’s Contact page.